Vanilla Cream Delight
prep. time 10 min.
cook time 10 min.
- Whisk eggs lightly in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk about one-third of hot mixture slowly into eggs. Return egg mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat just until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Let cool briefly, then stir. Cover surface completely with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature, then chill in refrigerator, covered, until serving time.
- Makes approximately 1-3/4 cups or 425 mL.
Serve sauce over fresh fruit and berries, or your cake or ice cream.