prep. time 10 min.
cook time 33 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat oil in 10-inch (25 cm) non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add potato; sauté, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and chicken; continue cooking, stirring often, until thoroughly heated, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Place skillet in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven and bake, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven; make eight nests in potato mixture with back of spoon. Break an egg into each nest. Season with salt and pepper. Return skillet to oven and continue baking until eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
If handle of skillet is not ovenproof, cover it completely with double thickness of aluminum foil.